Welcome to Pack 511!
Pack 511 is part of Scouts BSA (formerly “Boy Scouts of America”). Our pack is for boys and girls from Kindergarten to 5th Grade.
Give your child a valuable gift by encouraging him to join Cub Scouts today. The time you invest in your child today will make a difference in the person your child becomes tomorrow.
New Scouts must register and pay dues both to BSA national and the local pack. Due to changes in the Scouts BSA registration process, we cannot combine these steps. Scouts are expected to wear their official uniform to scouting events, and are required to complete the BSA-required medical forms to participate in outings.
We are excited that you’re considering joining our Pack and starting your Scouting Adventure with us.
Please complete the steps below to get started.
- Fill out inquiry form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the BSA national application form and pay the national and council dues online. We will send you the invitation link.
- Pay your Annual Pack Dues. Each year, the pack collects $200 dues to help defray the cost of pack-provided items. You may pay by check payable to “MH Pack 511” or PayPal/Venmo email@example.com.
- Fill out the Medical Forms. All Scouts are required to provide a copy of the Annual Medical Forms A and B each year to participate in basic Scouting activities. Please send your completed medical forms and direct any medical form questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our private Facebook group page (optional but recommended).
- Buy a Class A Uniform and your Scout’s rank handbook. Please check out our Pack Lending Closet first for some gently used items that may help defray some of the cost of buying the uniform. Uniforms can get expensive, but they are mostly a one-time purchase and last a long time. In buying their shirt, please get a size that will give them room to grow.
- Place Patches and Insignia on the uniform. Cub Scout patch placement can be very confusing–especially for a new Cub Scout family. Here is an article that will cover the basic Cub Scout patches and badges so that you can get your child’s uniform ready for their first Cub Scout meeting!
- Stay up to date via Scoutbook. Leaders communicate with parents and Scouts via Scoutbook, email, and text. Parents need to be connected to their Scouts and are invited to participate in Scoutbook by the unit Scoutbook administrator. This may have happened automatically by the system if you are on your child’s application as a parent or logged into my.scouting.org. If you have done either of those, go to http://scoutbook.scouting.org and login using your my.scouting.org credentials. You should see your Scout on your dashboard.